Monday, April 9, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12 Finished!

It has been so fun to participate in my first swap, the Doll Quilt Swap 12 on flickr. What took me so long to join in on the fun? I finished my "Scrappy Fortune" doll quilt just in time! It's made with Kate Spain's Good Fortune fabric from Moda. The requirements for the swap were to use at least one solid fabric and it couldn't be white! THAT was hard. I love using white. So I branched out and used my partner's favorite color, blue. For the border and binding I wanted to bring out another color, so I picked orange. Bam! I guess you could say it pops!
We also had to use one of six block patterns. I chose flying geese and shoo fly. On the back I used fabric from the Good Fortune line, little dragonflies in gray. I used a block from the front for the label as the lone design element. The quilting was done with an allover stipple in the midde. Then I stictched in the ditch of the orange border and did one straight line stitch down the middle of the flying geese border. I thought it gave them some movement.
 Here is the little goody stash to go along with the quilt. You gotta have goodies too! A charm pack of Good Fortune fabric, little Shabby chic note pad, note cards and pen. And a box of fortune cookies!

Here is my label with my partners name block out. She hasn't received it yet and it's supposed to be a surprise! I sure hope she will like it, it was made with love. :) Can't wait to see what quilt I will receive, I am seriously excited!


1 comment:

randi--i have to say said...

Very nice! The colors work so well together. I love the soft look of the quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails