Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I don't know about you, but I had a wonderful Mother's Day! My kids were so sweet to me and so excited to give me wishes and gifties. We have 9:00 am church so the morning was a bit of a rush but we got there on time, yay!
I am in charge of the children's music in my congregation and on Mother's Day they get to sing for everybody. They sang a song called "I Often Go Walking" which is about kids gathering blue blossoms and how they remind them of their mother. I thought it would look nice to have all the kids holding a blue flower while they sang together.
Using my Cricut, I cut out these flowers and then added a little Rolo candy for the center. I found popsicle sticks that were already green (whew!) and attached it all with glue dots.
I wish I could've taken a picture of all those beautiful children holding their flowers and singing. So cute! Afterward they gave the flowers to their moms with this message.
We came home from church and relaxed, had an easy lunch, watched a movie together and then we all went to the park and threw Aerobies. I'm just feeling so grateful for the four wonderful children I have been blessed with and the wonderful father that they have.  And most especially for my wonderful mother and Mother-In-Law. They have both taught me so much and I am constantly amazed at what they do.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!
   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails