Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kitchen Cafe Sign

I have this black arrow sign hanger that holds cute plaques over the holidays. It's in the kitchen and seen when you walk in the door. I didn't want to take it down, but I needed something that could be there year-round.
It needed to be simple and cheap! I got this wood plaque from Michaels with a 50% off coupon. I rummaged through my scrapbook paper and found these. And then some off-white paint and some fun brads.
And here you go! A little Cafe Roberts sign. Here's what I did:

Painted the wood with the off-white paint
Traced the green polka-dot paper with the sign
Cut it out and stuck it on with spray adhesive
Made the flowers with different flower shapes and papers
Stuck a brad in the middle of each
Stuck those on the sign with a little E-600
Cut out lettering with my Cricut on vinyl
Stuck those on
Used Distressing ink and inked the sign and the flowers
Done!
Here is a close-up of the flowers. I bent up the edges on everything to make them more "3-D".
Cheap and easy, yay!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Very cute! I'm thinking that it would be easy to make one of those sign hangers too if you could find the right paper towel holder (the kind that stand up on the counter).

Related Posts with Thumbnails