Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homemade Oreos

I thought I would make one of my kids favorites today, Homemade Oreos! Super simple and simply scrumptious!

Here is the recipe:

HOMEMADE OREOS (Cakesters)

2 boxes Double Fudge Cake Mix (actually any chocolate variety should work)
4 Eggs
3/4 cups Vegetable Oil

That's it! Mix all together and roll into uniform balls (I use a cookie scoop), and place on a cookie sheet.
Cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
They should come out looking like this! Cool completely on a cooling rack.
Now the best part, frosting! Use one jar of store bought frosting in Buttercream or Vanilla. Or you can make your own buttercream. I colored my Find too cookies that are similar in size, frost one side and put them together. Voila!

Soft and and oh so yummy, enjoy!

The fun thing is that you can use ANY kind of cake mix. My next favorite is Lemon. We call them Lemon-Os. Use lemon cake mix and lemon frosting. Also really cook with carrot or spice cake and cream cheese frosting, yum!

2 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

Ummm, all I can say is HUNGRY!!! Looks so good! Hope all is well. Love ya!

Angela Yosten said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those look sooo good! I think I might have to squeeze in making some of these this weekend with the kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails