Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wheels Quilt for Luke

It is so good to have a schedule! I had to have this quilt made in just a couple of days for a family friend who recently had an adorable baby boy, Luke.
My dad had to hop a plane today to Baltimore where he will hand deliver the gift. I volunteered to make it and knowing I was on a tight schedule, I had to get it done! I should make deadlines for all of my projects so I can cross things off quicker.
It is made with Wheels fabric by Riley Blake. I love the colors. I made 4" squares and then bordered them with 2"x7" and 2"x4" rectangles. It has 6 blocks down and 6 across, so it's a square. I thought it might make a cute play blanket.
I quilted it by making straight lines 1/4" from the outside and inside edges of the squares and then I made a big X in the middle of each square. I love the way it turned out!

2 comments:

Laurel H. said...

Lucky little guy, to be getting SUCH a great quilt!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I am so jealous of that little boy--- I'd cuddle up with this all the time! I also like how you quilted it really simply, it helps draw the eye toward the fabrics instead. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails